Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Ghost Ship King Shaassa.

I started a new game last night with a group of guys I met at the local game store.  We played at my house this time, which was nice because the presense of alcohol seemed to encourage role playing, and to get a snack you didn't have to run down the the drugstore on the corner.  I also enjoyed that it was much quieter.  In keeping with my usual practice of encouraging characters to not always be champions of goodness and light, my party created the ugliest bunch of lawful-evil fighters and assassins as I've ever seen.  The most loveable of them was a half-orc known only as "Inmate #..." What to do with this horrible band of criminals and mercenaries?

When presented with the opportunity, they quickly enlisted on a pirate vessel (no need to Shanghai them!).  After days at sea the ship's lookout called "A sail!" and the captain changed course to intercept.  There they found a derelict vessel which had been at sea for many years.  The ship's captain sent the party aboard to investigate where, after some poking around in the various parts of the ship, they found the ship's log.  Soon afterwards, they were set upon by a hungry ghoul and then another. 

So far so good, I thought, for a short adventure intended to be played in an evening.  We took up about half the time shoring up some loose ends with character generation, so we didn't finish the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment